In today’s episode, we touch base with all that’s been happening since our last episode about two weeks ago. It’s been such a pleasure hanging out in Kaunas quite recently, there has been so much going on from throwing spears at Kaunas Castle to “ Kaunas Hansa days ” to a special tree that Rūta Meilutytė loves. We cover all this and more in this episode.
We also got the chance to meet and hangout with two very special friends of the Say Labas show who took the time to visit Kaunas recently. We try our hand at speaking and understanding Latvian and fail epically.
What does spaghetti, bridges and Lithuanians have in common? Nothing right? Wrong! We find out the connection in our news of the week segment, Romualdas a beekeeper and good friend of Tim joins us in 60 seconds with a Lithuanian and we wrap it all up with a fascinating museum found right here in Kaunas.
Lets get to it!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN MORE ABOUT…
- Rūta Meilutytė and her tree.
- Friends of The Say Labas show.
- Just what is Kaunas Hansa days.
- Why at some point Radviliškis had no citizens?
- Romualdas – In 60 Seconds with a Lithuanian.
- Hints about special Kaunas Zoo episode.
- What does spaghetti and bridges have in common?
- Tim’s time with some Lithuanian hunters.
- The Devil’s’ museum in Kaunas
- Eurovision contest – is it that big in Lithuania?
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Learn Lithuanian with Solveiga.
- More about the town called Radviliškis.
- The Say Labas Show – Memrise Course.
- Spaghetti bridge building news.
- Our Facebook page – leave us a message.
- Latest blog post – 11 Facts about Lithuanian Independence.
NOTES FROM LESSON 41 – SAY WHAT:
|1||Pasakyk ką nors!||Say something!|
|5||Daryk kažką/ką nors!||Do something!|
|6||Būk čia!||Be here!|
|7||Ateik čia!||Come here!|
|10||Eik iš čia!||Go away!|
|11||Padėk!||Help me! (when you need help)|
|12||Gelbėk!||Help me/Save me! (when you are in danger)|
|16||Duok man!||Give it to me!|
|17||Atnešk man||Bring me.|
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
As always we would like to thank you all for the love, support and especially for taking the time to listen. You have no idea how happy that makes us.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave a review for The Say Labas Show on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!
If you have any questions or would like to “Hi” drop us a message over on Facebook, Twitter or at email@example.com. If you haven’t yet done so please subscribe to the show, that way you can get this content directly uploaded to your device every single new episode.
Thank you very much … for your interview! You are new friend of Say Labas :)
A very special thank-you to Romas for joining us this week.
Until next time!
Solveiga & Tim.
Thatched Villagers | Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)