We are back!! It’s been quite some time since we released a podcast and we are both super sorry for that. We just felt it was time to take a step back for a while and focus on other things for a little bit. That said lots has happened and in this episode we try our very best to catch you all up with what’s been going on this side of the world.
We spend some time talking all about two little Lithuanian otters at the Kaunas zoo (Yip Kaunas has a zoo), hear what Solveiga has started studying and how many Lithuanian students she has now. Our 60 second interview this week is with Ugne and it’s a really awesome one! (She likes to laugh)
News this week is all about Lithuania’s president, Dalia Grybauskaitė and how she gets a new name and stirs up a scene in an exhibition in Italy. We wrap it all talking about the father of all rivers the Nemunas, did we mention the little Lithuanian Otters? :D hope you take the time to listen and enjoy!
Let’s get to it!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN MORE ABOUT…
- Kaunas zoo and the little Lithuanian otters that live there.
- Tim theory how the town of Plunge got its name.
- Lithuania’ crab stick capital?
- Ugne – In 60 Seconds with a Lithuanian.
- Why an Italian family business loves Dalia Grybauskaitė.
- The Nemunas River and why it’s a legend.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Learn Lithuanian with Solveiga.
- Donate to our Lithuanian Otters in “PROJECT OTTER“.
- More about the town called Plunge.
- The story about Dalia Grybauskaitė in the news of the week.
- Our Facebook page – leave us a message.
- Latest blog post – 8 things I love about Lithuania.
- Tim’s Instagram account – follow him and win.
- The last Jew in Plunge his story.
NOTES FROM LESSON 42 – LITHUANIAN OTTERS DOWN AT THE ZOO:
|1||Zoologijos sodas||The Zoo|
|8||Zoologijos sodo prižiūrėtojas||Zoo keeper|
|12||Kiek kainuoja bilietas?||How much for a ticket?|
|13||Kur yra zoologijos sodas?||Where is the zoo?|
|14||Aš myliu gyvūnus.||I love animals|
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
So that’s this week’s show again sorry for being gone for so long but we are back and this time for good I hope. We hope you enjoyed hearing about what we’ve been up to and all about the Lithuanian Otters we adopted. As always we would like to thank you all for the love, support and especially for taking the time to listen. You have no idea how happy that makes us.
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. If you like, please leave a review for The Say Labas Show on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!
If you have any questions or would like to “Hi” drop us a message over on Facebook, Twitter or at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you haven’t yet done so please subscribe to the show, that way you can get this content directly uploaded to your device every single new episode.
And finally thanks very much to Ugne for taking time to hang out with Tim and give him an interview.
Until next time!
Solveiga & Tim.